The Green Bay Area Branch of AAUW currently has over 50 members. We work to fulfill the AAUW mission and our branch vision:
to create a diverse group of educated persons making a positive impact on the community and on individual members.
Through the branch you will have the opportunity to:
- Attend branch meetings on topics of interest
- Expand your community of friends and develop leadership skills
- Support the AAUW FUNDS which provide fellowships, research, project and professional development grants, leadership development programs, and public policy education
- Provide local scholarships to women 25 or older earning their 1st post-secondary degrees
- Participate in book discussion groups and cultural/community events
- Monitor gender equity in our public schools and at UW-Green Bay
- Participate in Get-Out-The-Vote activities and issue forums
Members receive the monthly BayNotes newsletter and updates.
Download and fill out our Membership Form here.
BRANCH Meeting Wednesday, November 20th
at Harmony Cafe 6:00-8:00pm**
“Homeless Women and Children in Brown County”
Robyn Davis, Director of Freedom House, is the speaker. ** Program and Meeting 6:30-7:45 pm but arrive by 6:00 to purchase supper, a snack, dessert or a drink. Since the room and equipment are free, members should try to buy something to help the cafe.
** Note: This is a change of site and speaker in the directory – date is the same.
Nov. 17-23, 2013 is Hunger and Homeless Awareness Week
Check website for all the events at www.bchhcwi.org
We hope to find out more about the homeless women and children in our community and their needs, what services are available, what more can be done and how we can help. Please bring an item(s) for Freedom House. Here are a few examples:
- Toiletries/personal care/household items
- Zip lock bags, cleaning supplies, spray cleaners
- Hair brushes & spray, sanitary pads
- coffee, creamer, and sugar, vegetable oil,
- canned veggies and fruit (also fresh)
- Cheeses, rice mixes, snack packs
Better yet, check their website for the full list – www.freedomhouseministries.org – you may have items that you no longer need or have more than you need in your pantry or closet!
DECEMBER BRANCH MEETING
Holiday Brunch Celebration
Saturday, December 14th 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
at the ARTGarage, 1409 E. Main St., Green Bay
We are setting the stage for a festive holiday season!
This event is always a highlight of the year. We will enjoy a lovely brunch by Cheesecake Heaven, have an opportunity to contribute to the Legal Advocacy Fund**, and enjoy a special selection of holiday music, performed by Preble High School orchestra students. A perfect time to invite family, friends and prospective members! Reservation Deadline is Dec. 7th.
** The Legal Advocacy Fund Supports strategic litigation that affects women in all workplaces. Through campus programs & resource library, LAF educates campuses & the public about barriers women face and the policies and strategies that can help to eliminate sex discrimination in higher education & in the workplace.
Print or download the November 2013 issue of our newsletter, Bay Notes.
Print or download the October 2013 issue of our newsletter, Bay Notes.
Print or download the September 2013 issue of our newsletter, Bay Notes.