By joining AAUW we belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance. The Green Bay Area Branch of AAUW currently has over 40 members. We work to fulfill the AAUW mission and our branch vision to create a diverse group of educated persons making a positive impact on the community and on individual members. Through the branch you have the opportunity to:
- Attend branch meetings on topics of interest
- Expand your community of friends and develop leadership skills
- Support AAUW FUNDS such as the Fellowships Program, the Legal Advocacy Fund and Community Action Grants
- Provide local scholarships to women 25 or older earning their 1st degrees (2 or 4 year)
- Participate in book discussion group and movie group
- Monitor gender equity in our public schools and at UWGB
- Participate in Get-Out-The-Vote and Equal Pay Day activities and issue forums
- Participate in and support cultural and community events
- Support STEM education and STEM activities, especially for girls
- Advocate for equity and education according to AAUW public policy principles
Download and fill out our Membership Form here.
“Planting Seeds for Growth”
June 1, 2013
11:30am – 1:30pm
at Sandy Melroy’s Home, 1931 Rainbow Ave., DePere
11:30 Social 12:00 lunch 12:45 Program & Annual Meeting
Reservations to Sandy Melroy by May 28th
Catering by Alpha Delights – Recognitions – Election & Installation of Leadership Team
Updates from a former scholarship recipient and our colleagues at UW-Green Bay
Your input into Next Steps
***** Everyone who has 2013-14 dues paid by June 1st will be eligible
for chance to win a gas card *****
GET-ACQUAINTED COFFEE AND DESSERT
The Leadership Team is hosting a Get Acquainted Coffee and Dessert for all new and prospective members on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 from 6:00-7:00pm at Jill Lauritsen’s home. If you would like to invite someone to come and bring them, please let Jill know. The more accurate the count the better we can plan. Jill can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Film screening of GIRL RISING
at Bay Park Square Cinema, 7:30pm on Wednesday, May 29th
The film tells the stories of 9 girls from around the world who face – and overcome – unbelievable obstacles on the path toward getting an education. The film was created by 10×10, a global campaign to educate and empower girls. Each girl’s story is narrated by a cast of great actresses, including Meryl Streep, Kerry Washington, Anne Hathaway, Salma Hayek, Alicia Keys, and others. A portion of Girl Rising ticket sales will help fund programs for girls, so seeing the film literally makes an impact on girls’ lives.
Pat Hinckley has 8 tickets reserved for AAUW members. If you would like to be part of this group, please contact Pat ASAP. Cost is $10 per ticket.
Print or download the May 2013 issue of our newsletter, Bay Notes.
Print or download the April 2013 issue of our newsletter, Bay Notes.
Print or download the March 2013 issue of our newsletter, Bay Notes.