NOMINATIONS for the 2015 Dreamers and Doers Award Now Being Accepted!
The Dreamers and Doers Award recognizes contemporary women whose achievements, leadership and unique talents effect change, inspire us, and enrich life in our community. These same qualities are exemplified by the women profiled in the book, Women of Northeast Wisconsin: Dreamers and Doers (1994). The local AAUW branch adopted this book project to celebrate the lives of significant historical and contemporary women by adding their life stories to the written record. Copies of the Dreamers and Doers book are available at the Brown County Library, Heritage Hill Gift Shop or at Hazelwood. Or contact Sandy Melroy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming events for the 2015 event are:
- Thursday, April 9th : After Hours with Dreamers and Doers
- Saturday, April 11th : Dreamers and Doers Award Luncheon
Three primary criteria are used to select the Dreamers and Doers Award recipient. She must have demonstrated achievement, sustained leadership, and the sharing of her unique talents in order to make this community a better place in which to live.
Responses are limited to 3 single-sided word-processed 8.5×11 pages that address remarks to the following categories:
- Accomplishments: State special contributions and recognitions. Relate how the nominee has achieved a goal, overcome barriers, articulated a vision or been a pioneer.
- Leadership: State areas where the nominee has demonstrated the ability to inspire others and provide leadership for change in her community (may be in professional or volunteer capacity).
- Sharing talents: Give examples of how the nominee has shared her unique talents and/or creativity to improve and enrich our community.
- Other considerations that make the nominee a “Dreamer and Doer”
- Personal Information (optional)
All nomination information received will be handled in a confidential manner. Selection is based solely on information provided in the written nomination. Nominations for Dreamers and Doers is now closed, and will re-open in 2016. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Any questions about the award or nomination form, please contact at 920-471-2602.