AAUW is a non-profit, non partisan network of 150,000 men and women with 1,500 local branches and 700 college and university partners who work to fulfill the AAUW mission of advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
It is a powerful network with a mission-based program that
- Researches current gender equity issues
- Provides resources and supports education as the gateway to financial security for women
- Supports efforts to eliminate discrimination and harassment on campus and in the community
- Provides resources to support activities that make a difference in local communities
- Supports international women through CARE, One Shared World, the Central Asia Institute and the Clinton Global Initiative.
AAUW is a 501(c) 3 organization. AAUW FUNDS support Fellowships for Graduate Women, the Legal Advocacy Fund (LAF), the Leadership and Training Institute (LTI) and Research and Project Grants. These funds carry out AAUW’S educational and research work.
Website: www.aauw.org Check out members’ only section by using your member # or e-mail address and access the AAUW HELPLINE at email@example.com. Members receive the quarterly AAUW OUTLOOK and can sign up to receive Action Alerts, Action Fund Updates and Washington Update.